- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (I use Canola)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 7 cups oats (I use old fashioned, NOT quick cooking)
- Mix brown sugar, oil, and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour over oats in a large bowl. Stir until well coated.
- Spread oats in a 9×13 pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Take out and stir.
- Return pan to oven. Turn oven off.
- Go to bed. Wake up to a delicious, cinnamon-y sent wafting through your kitchen!
Tips and Tricks
- I sometimes add chopped pecans or toasted almonds to the mix before baking.
- Delicious as a cereal with dried fruit (we love it with raisins) and milk.
- Adds a yummy crunch to yogurt. Easy to pack for lunch!