- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 small zucchini, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
1. Heat oven to 375°F. With nonstick cooking spray, coat just the bottoms of three mini muffin pans.
2. In large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
3. In medium-size bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and sugar until blended. Stir in zucchini, carrots, raisins and walnuts. Make a well in flour mixture; pour in egg mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
4. Spoon rounded tablespoon batter into each cup. Sprinkle tops with sunflower seeds. Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool pans on rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins; cool on rack.
Servings Per Recipe 36 mini muffins
Note: For 6 jumbo muffins, spoon 3/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.